Dan Conway’s The Good Steward

Dan Conway’s The Good Steward
Click on image to view website

Wednesday, January 17, 2018



I’m so tired of all the negativity. We have bad news 24/7. And as if there wasn’t enough real bad news to talk about we have fake bad news and trumped up bad news all the time.

Can we please talk about our joys? I have a great wife and family, lots of really good friends, a great job. Why would I talk about my problems? I have them, of course, but they’re really not worth talking about.

I believe there are serious issues that reasonable people who are good citizens need to discuss. But these do not require name calling, character assassination or belitting those who thiink differently. This is now “ordinary” talk for media types, politicians and even folks like you and me who really should know better.

Let’s stop the screaming, the blaming and the outrage (whether actual or feigned). As my mother used to say, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” Were we all to follow this very good advice, the silence would be overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment