Dan Conway’s The Good Steward

Dan Conway’s The Good Steward
Click on image to view website

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Check out my first novel, Father Turiddu: The Savior of the City. It’s available at danielconwayauthor.com.

I first began writing fictional stories about Monsignor Salvatore E. Polizzi (aka Father Turiddu) when I was working in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. I had met Msgr. Polizzi many years before, but I came to know him intimately during my St. Louis years. We shared many meals together and he shared with me hundreds of stories of his personal life and ministry. I learned about his Sicilian American family and their rise from poverty to success. I was introduced to his work as an urban planner in the days when “white flight” threatened to destroy the Italian American parish and the interstate highway  system nearly cut off the community from essential police, fire and rescues services. Young Father Polizzi’s leadership role in helping prevent these urban disasters earned him the honorary title I’ll Salvatore de la Citta’ (The Savior of the City).

Now in his mid-eighties, Monsignor Polizzi is still an active pastor of a city parish with a thriving elementary school. He is still engaged with his archdiocese and with many different civic organizations. He remains loyal to his family and his Church—in spite of occasional quarrels with both.

Want to learn more about this fascinating man who I call Father T? Read the first novel. If you like it, there are three more!

End of story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment