Dan Conway’s The Good Steward

Dan Conway’s The Good Steward
Click on image to view website

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Are you on fire. Are you ready to burn?

Pope Benedict XVI wrote: “Jesus sets fire to the earth. Whoever comes close to Jesus, accordingly, must be prepared to be burned.”


Confessions of a clumsy blogger: I accidentally deleted this post—after sharing it on Facebook and Twitter. Of course, I don’t have a copy of the original. 

In essence, I asked the question (of myself mainly), Are you on fire? Are you ready to burn? And my answer unfortunately is “not quite.”

In spite of taking my faith seriously and doing my part as a practicing Catholic, I have to admit that I am more “lukewarm” than “on fire” or “ready to burn.”

If you read my most recent article on the teaching of Pope Francis in this week’s issue of The Criterion, you’ll see that Pope Francis has a hard time with people like me. 

As my pastor, Father Mark Spalding, frequently reminds us: From those to whom much has been given, even more will be required. 

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Give me knowledge of your will and the power to carry it out. Today and every day. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment